Friday, September 18, 2009

Perdomo Habano Maduro:Robusto:Maduro


I liked my recent birthday, I've ate some fine food with my family, got to smoke a beautiful cigar with a good friend, but best of all was all the cigars I was gifted.This Perdomo was one of em'(Thanks Bob!). Though this was somewhat of a belated birthday present I was happy non-the-less but I had plans to age this cigar but those plans fell through. Once I got home from my B&M I found the door locked and I forgot my keys and it would of been a good hour and a half before someone came home to open the door, what better way to kill that time than to smoke a cigar? But is this cigar just that? A time killer? Or do I have something more magical in my hands?

Specs-
Size-5x52
Wrapper-Nicaragua
Binder-Nicaragua
Filler-Nicaragua
Price-$6.00
Cut-Guillotine
Smoke Time-50 mins
Drink-Mr.Pibb

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-This is a very gorgeous cigar. The subtle hints of blue,silver and white on the band contrast the dark chocolate brown wrapper well. The toothy leaf was almost vein less and very sweetly fragrant. The foot smelt like earth and a slight touch of hay. The cold draw produce a tea like flavor and it feels slightly too loose for my taste. Overall though the construction seems solid and gorgeous for a $6 dollar stick.

FIRST THIRD-This cigar first blooms up with a good bit of nasal spice that hits you like black pepper, its a subtle spice but enjoyable. Once the spice is subdued a main flavor of nut is introduced with a long and smooth finish that coats your mouth similar to how tea with cream does. Along with the nuts there is a strong overtone of mocha with a undertone of hay. Another flavor that was here was a cedar, it had no complexities but good. My favorite third. The burn is even and for the loose draw the cigar doesn't seem to burn as fast as I thought.

SECOND THIRD-The flavors mellow out here and the with the nut taking a down step as the main flavor and letting the cedar shine through. The cedar gets floral and is slightly sweet. Also the mocha that was present before splits up in flavors. Now you got more of isolated flavors of chocolate and coffee bean. The finish is good but somewhat lacking, the spice also takes a backseat and it feels like there isn't much chugging this cigar to the finish.

LAST THIRD-The cigar definitely looses all its steam here. The enjoyable creamy finish that was present seems to water out and the flavors get milder. All the mocha and nut flavors are gone. The mocha gets replaced leather and the main flavor of cedar is turned to a undertone on the leather. The least favorable third but it still an enjoyable smoke.

LAST IMPRESSIONS- I guess this cigar does answer my question after all. It's more of a cigar that you kill time with and nothing more than that. At the price range its a very good everyday cigar and the flavor profile is good enough to keep you interested. Not to bad of cigar, and a good birthday present and wouldn't you know it I might buy more of these.

RATING-87
Buy It Again?Yes
Recommended It?Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment