Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nestor Miranda Special Selection:Rothschild;Rosado



Being a fan of Pepin I was eager to smoke this stick. First trying the Miami Cigars 20th Anniversary stick and liking it I was excited to smoke this cigar. Much later I found out that this blend was first specially rolled for Mr. Miranda himself. Personally I would of chosen the 20th. But this Cigar did not disappoint.

SPECS-
Size-Rothschild 4.5x50
Wrapper-Nicaragua
Binder-Nicaragua
Filler-Nicaragua & Costa Rica
Price-$6.10
Smoke Time-45 mins
Cut-Punch,Guillotine

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-The first thing I noticed when I picked up the stick was the band. Its pretty simple yet distinct. As I tried to read the small cursive on the band the cigar lured me in with its very fragrant wrapper, it smelled like a bag of gummy-worms. I sat at my B&M smelling this thing for 5 minutes just to make sure it was really the cigar and not anything else. The wrapper is a slick brown with minimal veins,that wrapper was slightly salty. Once I got home first thing I did was give the cigar a nice punch,the cold taste surprised me. It was just like root beer. I was starting to see why this is Nestor's private cigar.

FIRST THIRD-As soon as I lit this cigar the smoke enveloped the room with a delicious room note, I usually can't smell the cigars I smoke but this one really stood out. As with the smoke a ton of cedar flavor came at me, it wasn't to overpowering just really crisp and fresh tasting. The cedar left a finish nuts that was quick but pleasant. The construction help up quite nice and the ash was solid white.This was my favorite third.

SECOND THIRD-This cigar is a slow burner. The construction is fabulous. The burn line was straight as a razor and the wrapper burnt nice and steady. The overall flavors though didn't change much. I was still getting good tastes of cedar and nuts.
But as soon as those main flavors were gone touches of mocha were splashed here and there that keep me interested.

FINAL THIRD-The flavors on this stick are pretty solid and never leave you.This is a Cedar and Nut fan's delight, but I'm not one of those people. The cedar and nuts are good but they don't keep my interested for long. But this cigar did something special. Right when you think this cigar has showed you all it has to offer it throws you a wild card. Well I got a really tart flavor of black cherries that were splendid and made me smoke this stick to the nub.
Overall a pretty good smoke.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS-This was a interesting smoke. There's nothing really over the top here nor anything sub-par. You get a pretty decent stick for a very decent price. I wouldn't call this a everyday smoke, nor a celebratory smoke. This cigar would be good to smoke while doing other things. Say if you like smoking on long trips this would be great stick also golfing with this would be a good idea. This stick doesn't seem special enough for me to devote a whole hour for. It's a good stick to kill time with where you can appreciate certain flavors and a pleasant smoke but not anything more than that.

RATING-80
Buy It Again?To kill time yes.
Do I Recommended?Yea, see how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment