Friday, September 4, 2009

Camacho Connecticut:Monarca:Connecticut


So this review is pretty much a answer to my Oliva Conn. Reserve. Once I posted that review some readers suggested the Camacho Conn. was a better smoke. I was eager to get my hands on one. Wanting to experience a more robust flavor from a Connecticut leaf was almost a goal of mine. So do I find out that more medium flavor profile that I was looking for, or was this cigar also disappointing? Let's find out.

SPECS-
Size-
Robusto 5x50
Wrapper-Ecuadorian Shade
Binder-Honduras
Filler-Dominican, Honduras
Price-$6.20
Smoke Time-50 mins.
Cut-Punch

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-To my understanding this cigar was produced after Davidoff purchased Camacho and the by the looks of it, it shows. The cigar has the same white label tone with gold lettering. Along with the band the cigar also shows high Davidoff workmen ship. The triple cap on this cigar was produced flawlessly and beside the wrapper being a little toothy and veiny you could almost mistake this stick for a Davidoff. The wrapper had no particular aroma while the foot had a earth smell. The cold taste had a subtle hint of straw which drew very well with the punch cut. Pretty standard for a Conn. leaf, I have my hopes up that this cigar won't disappoint.

FIRST THIRD-This stick finally ended my search. Right off the first puffs I could get
taste of a very sharp spice, it's not obnoxious or lacking, it's just right. They pulled of the spice profile a whole lot better here than the Oliva. Once I got used to the spice hints of cedar and nuts start emerging, its a sharp flavor profile with some depth to it. The ash is holding up well and the burn is good this cigar shows great promise

SECOND THIRD- The spice is still present in the background and I think it really helps the flavors chug along. The finish doesn't linger too long, its just right it and it produces hints of sweet coffee that don't feel awkward or over-stay their welcome. I wouldn't smoke this stick in the morning. Its
just slightly too strong for that but it could be good if you're eating a spicy Italian sausage since the spices are just in that alley. The nuts are sweet and also enjoyable, now this is a great medium body Connecticut styled smoke.

LAST THIRD-There isn't much complexity in this third but its still worth while. The main flavors are still there but a bit darker. The nuts get intertwined with leather to produce a flavor I quite can't describe but its pleasant. Ash help up quite well and touch-ups were kept at a low minimum, this turned out to be a good smoke.


FINAL IMPRESSIONS-I'm glad I got recommended this stick, if I walked in to a humidor I would never expect such a complex smoke from such an uninviting stick. A true sleeper. I didn't feel queasy or tired after smoking this which is quite an accomplishment for such a strong spice.This somewhat cheap cigar can also be an everyday smoke, not so much in the morning but in the afternoon or late at night. If you feel like experiencing a spicy stick and not wanting to pay for it later this makes for a great smoke


RATING-85
Buy It Again?
Yes
Recommend It? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment