Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Arturo Fuente:King B:Rosado



Arturo Fuente is a bit tricky with me. They have some alright blends. I feel like they specialize more in rare cigars than everyday smokes. Every cheap cigar I tried by AF has been somewhat lacking. The 8-5-8 is a good example of this, to me they don't make good everyday smokes. Well today I bring you a King B, a somewhat rare smoke that when priced right is just about in the everyday smoke price range but since these are kinda rare they also tend to be overpriced, so how does this semi-rare cigar smoke? Like its rare brother the Opus? Or is this like its other sibling the 8-5-8? Lets find out.

SPECS-
Size-
6x55
Wrapper-Ecuador Sun Grown
Binder-Dominican
Filler-Dominican
Cut-Guilatine at a angle
Price-$9.60
Smoke Time-45 mins

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-This is a very pretty cigar. The torpedo is very solid, no mushiness. The wrapper was very veiny but the brown smooth wrapper made them blend in very well. The wrapper had a nice cedar smell to it probably due to the cedar sleeve its packaged in. Foot was slightly coconuty with a bit of earth on the background. The cold taste produced a easy draw with no particular flavor, so far nothing too overwhelming.

FIRST HALF-Yup, another review in halves. It's easy to write a review on a cigar that you like, but when a cigar disappoints its very hard to describe it. So excuse me if you find this review slightly lacking. The cigar opens up very spicy on the back of the throat, after the first initial spice you are left with a very dry finish. If you venture to smoke this cigar make sure you have plenty of water. Once you get used to the harsh smoke hints of vanilla add to the dryness. After the finish small touches of nuts with a hay undertone are introduced adding more to the already sharp flavor profile. The burn was also iffy, the burn line would sometimes stray off and the cigar would put itself out. I think I got a fluke but this cigar tasted too much like the candella.

LAST HALF-The smoke is still disappointing, the cigar turns for the worst. Little by li
ttle the smoke gets darker and stingier. The spice is still there and very much dry.Almost all the familiar flavors on the first half are lost except the mocha that is introduced does have a small hint of nuts. After the longest ash fell the cigar just completely got bitter. The smoke tasted stale,very dry,and a nasty bit of tobacco is there. I quickly put the cigar out the flavor gave me a nasty headache and a terrible nicotine buzz. I can handle strong cigars but for some reason this cigar just gave me a huge dollop of nicotine. I was happy I didn't pay for this cigar since this was a gift from my Cousin. (Thanks Paul).

LAST IMPRESSIONS- The King B seems to be either hit or miss. I talked to many people that liked it and other people that hated it. I wanted to like this cigar but I feel that Fuente doesn't make anything good that's available everyday. So far I feel that Fuente should just make their rare stogies and not focus their attention anywhere else. At $9 bucks a pop its a rip-off really and even if it never got harsh and just the same dry flavor profile is not worth $9.

RATING-60
Buy It again?No
Recommend It? Only if you got it as a gift and who ever gave you it assured you that the cigar you just got is one of the better blends.

No comments:

Post a Comment