Saturday, September 12, 2009

Acid:Kuba Kuba:Conn




I'm a fan of cigars, I like brown ones,white ones,silver ones, and even purple ones. But I'm not so big on the infused or "flavored" kind. I never had a Acid phase or particularly liked their stuff. While living in the Grand Strand I've seen many golfers and people new to cigars pick these up. There must be a reason why these are so popular and after so many tasting I finally had something to say about it. A lot of people shun these cigars as if it was a baby with 8 feet. They won't even look at them, but they sure will talk bad about em'. So will this review turn me into one of those baby-fearing cigar smokers or will I get some mutual respect for this cigar? Let's find out.

SPECS-
Size-5x54 Robusto
Wrapper-Nicaragua
Binder-Nicaragua
Filler-Nicaragua
Price-$7.70
Smoke Time-45 mins
Cut-Guillotine

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-This cigar has a very smooth persona, the almost vein less beige wrapper was good to look at and without a doubt was a interesting leaf to smell. This thing smells very strong of perfume and a miscellaneous collection of botanical, but once you dig deeper you will find that the foot smells of a very rich earth and touch of honey. The wrapper too has that big perfume smell but also a clove spiciness and sweetness that most don't pick up. The cigar was slightly soft but overall nicely constructed, the draw was perfect and tasted somewhat like thyme, the sweetness of the wrapper was a change of pace. So far I'm not shunning this cigar, I'm just curious about it

FIRST THIRD-Once this cigar is lit it just envelops the room with that unique and hit or miss aroma, me I don't mind the smell. The initial taste was something other than "flower" you typically read in reviews, it was more like a nut like flavor accented by a spice that is well rounded and hits the nose just right. Further inspection one can say the spice is very similar to cloves and the nut has some depth to it. The cigar produces a ton of smoke in this third and its alright so far. Lot's of care went to making this cigar and I can respect that. The finish is mild and smooth burns slow and relatively straight.



SECOND THIRD-The flavors produce a lot more depth here and its the best third. The sugar that is on the wrapper fades away some and really let's the tobacco's flavor shine their best. The earthiness of the smoke is still here, the nut flavor is slightly complex and has a bay leave undertone to it. Along with the earth, slight touches of chocolate are also found but take a while for you to find. The burn line got off track some but the ash was very solid and white, again it shows the care that Drew Estate is putting into these sticks. Towards the final third a small touch of milky caramel is noticeable and appreciated, again this ain't too bad of a cigar.

LAST THIRD-The sugar on the leaf is almost gone now, with no more sweet backdrop the earth and nut really get strong now and is the reason why most people can't smoke these cigars any further. I did find though that once the sugar on the leaf is gone the cigar does display some sugar cane pulp qualities to it, so all hope is not lost. The spice gets a little offencive now and has a sharp bite on the tongue, this cigar now doesn't seem as refined. The earth is really dark and losses all the touches of nuts it had. you now are left of with just a big slightly sweet cigarette and after 50 mins, I decided to call it quits, the complexities of the stick were good while they lasted.


FINAL IMPRESSIONS-Again I don't like infused cigars, but this was an ok experience, it let me know why some people enjoy this cigar, and I don't blame em'. I feel that young smokers are the most likely to pick this cigar. Ussually never having any expirience with other cigars they're scared of getting a big "offencive" stick, they'll go for something "sweet" or flavors they already recognize and the smell on this cigar is inviting. This cigar really helps the image of cigars, it introduces people to a unforgettable smell that people just can't help to wonder, and maybe those people will try a ACID and maybe like it. Then those people start getting a feel for cigars and try out different stuff and long behold we have new brothers of the leaf. I can't rag on this cigar, nor can I say I like it or hate it, I just respect this cigar for what it does. It changes up the cigar world and I think it does it for the better.

RATING-85
Buy It Again?
Not anytime soon, but once in a blue moon maybe.
Recommend It? If you never tried one go to your B&M and just smell it, if it's something that intrigues you, than yes. If you already had one and have your mind set that all infused cigars are evil I say revisit one with an open mind. The price isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment