Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taboo Connecticut:Churchill:Connecticut


I'm a big fan of smaller no name brands. I truly like how these cigars makers do the things they do. They usually offer a pretty decent smoke for a decent price. I guess this is because they don't have to pay for advertising like big name brands do, I feel also that the smaller people have more control on the cigars that they make. Taboo cigar is relatively unknown at the cigar world,but for those who do know the brand can attest to the lovely cigar ladies that follow Taboo whenever they have a large cigar tasting. But my question is, behind all the mascara and highlights are these cigars hiding their true imperfections?

SPECS-
Size-
7x50
Wrapper- Ecuador
Binder-Nicaragua
Filler-Nicaragua
Cost-$4.99
Cut-Punch,Guillotine
Smoke Time-45 mins
Drink-Hot French Vanilla Coffee

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-This cigar is rather plain looking. Its the standard Connecticut shade with the expected slight veins and almost dry look. The even wrapper offered a decent amount of compost smell with a ketchup like foot. Not very standard anymore, the cut was crisp and offered a good draw with no particular cold taste. This isn't too bad nor over the top, it seems just about right and a good cigar for this lovely SC sun.

FIRST HALF-The initial taste of this cigar is very decent for the price range. The cigar opens up with a good bit of earth with almost a touch of nuts. The well rounded and mild fin
ish left a good background for the spice to embed it self in your palate. The coffee is complimenting the cigar perfectly, all I wished for when I had this cigar was a nice puff pastry like a nice and warm apple strudel. The small cinnamon undertones shapes this cigar for a good early morning smoke, I didn't find this cigar lacking nor over the top it was just right. Construction is holding up well with just a few occasional touch ups and no flaws on the wrapper, so far so good.

LAST HALF-By this point I've drunk all my coffee and I don't have the perfect companion for this cigar. In this last half I was very fulfilled and choose to smoke the cigar up to the band. So just because you see me revie
wing a cigar in halves doesn't mean its a bad smoke,shame on you and your assumptions,ha. But in all seriousness though without the coffee the cigar gets a little darker and not as complex. Along with the darker profile the cinnamon hint is gone and is replaced with a cedar overtone, so overall its not too bad of a trade off in flavors. The cigar did have some small flaws with the wrapper not ashing properly and the burn line did stray off here and there, but for a $5 dollar cigar its great. When the cigar reached the goal line I had planed,the cigar became hard to put down, it almost made me want to go back inside and make another cup of coffee but I felt truly satisfied with this smoke so I can't complain.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS-At $5 bucks this cigar can be a perfect everyday smoke in the morning, the flavor profile is mild enough for anyone to enjoy and feel fulfilled. Even though the constructions was slightly iffy at times it didn't take away from the overall experience. I guess this cigar isn't as Taboo as the name implies. It's just a rather comfortable smoke that will surely greet you well in the morning without disappointments. Cigars like these is why I'm always looking for the next and best small house blends of cigars.

RATING-89
Buy It Again? Yes
Recommend It? Yes, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment