Saturday, March 13, 2010

CAO Brasilia Versus Italia:Artistry of Champions:Brazilian Flag Perfecto

















I seem to to be review a lot of rare item recently, I have some other rarities on my pipeline. Well today I bring you the CAO Brazilia Perfecto. Like its Italia sibling both of them are somewhat rare and are part of CAO's Artistry Of Champions Humidor. I also have yet to see I review on this particular cigar, so this is also a little bit of a comparison review to the Italia. Let's see how these cigars stack up.


SPECS-
Size-7x47
Wrapper-Brazilian Maduro with Candella and Conn. Bands
Binder-Nicaragua
Filler-Nicaragua
Cost-$20
Cut-Straight
Smoke Time-1 hour and 15 mins.
Drink-Coke over Ice


FIRST IMPRESSIONS-The first thing I noticed when I picked up the cigar was its smell. The cigar just oozed of a aromatic cedar. Second was the wrapper, it glisten with oil and the somewhat spotted maduro is a sight to look at. At close inspection though the triangle in the middle of the cigar is slightly green. Now I don't if it was originally Candela that got discolored or if it was a Conn. leaf that turned slightly green. The foot had also I interesting aroma of a sweet spice almost like clove and the tickler head had a nice aroma of aged tobacco. The construction is also a great piece of art and with a good cold taste of a nice subtle hay this cigar begged to be smoked.


FIRST HALF-As soon as the cigar took the flame it presented a great deal of a deep earth and chocolate flavor that I haven't experienced before. The black pepper was also deep and slightly sweet adding to the overall profile of the smoke. The spice is slightly stronger than the Italias but I like the profile. Exploring the chocolate flavors I could detect a slight roasted coffee undertone and the earth had a nut undertone. The ash never really hung out for very long but the burn was always straight with only 1 touch up needed.


LAST HALF-Once the burn line reached the Conn. portion of the cigar I thought the smoke couldn't get better. The overall flavors had a nice toasty finish and a few hints of a roasted caramel that slightly tasted of toffee. The main flavors never really changed trough out the cigar, after the main Conn. strip was gone I was reintroduced to the original Maduro. The maduro now got slightly darker and lost all its complexities, a new leather taste was produced along with a soy sauce finish. Though interesting it wasn't my cup of tea and after a few puff I felt I was satisfied by the cigar and set it down.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS-I think I might have to eat my words here. I never thought a Italia could be better than a Brazilia. But after smoking the Trumpets of the same humidor set I quickly found out that the Brazilian wrapper gets rather too dark and almost harsh
when taken in large doses. Which one is better though you might ask? I think they're both equally good. The Italia for those who prefer a milder and less complex smoke and the Brazilia for those who can pick up on subtle tobacco subtleties easily and prefer a darker smoke. I can see me picking up another vitola (If I could) and smoke it after a Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner. So if you have one of these cigars and holding up for a special occasion but can't decide on when to smoke it, I hope I helped.

RATING-94
Buy It Again? Yes
Suggest It? Yes


















No comments:

Post a Comment