Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Humidor


Well I couldn't give you guys a full fledged review today since I'm a bit low on stogies, but I can give you some content. I'd be tricking to you guys if I told you I had a humidor, what I really have is more like a glorified, 4x cedar lined cigar box. I started with a standard Ashton VSG Belicoso box. With hopes of short term storing and aging my Opus Exes till I can afford a actuall box. So far it fits my needs, all stogies Ive put in there have been coming out fresh and properly humidified.
The success I think I've had so far with box is because of its overall construction. It has a pretty decent latch and hinge. But the thing I'm most proud of is it's cedar lip lining. It has the cedar strips of over 5 different cigar boxes. With all strips being seasoned and the box seasoned for 2 days the micro atmosphere of this box is excellent, the seal is almost air tight, the only draw back of such a heavily lined box is that it limits the cigar number count which is fine.
I never have enough in there to really matter.


So I guess moral of the story or the post here I suppose is, you don't need a real fancy $350 humidor to keep your stogies fresh. Just a good solid box with a humi-stick and a couple of stogies should do you well. Do I trust this box? Somewhat, and that's only because I can't afford a proper one right now. Do I recommend it? Sure as a short-term no problem, but this is just a small fix to a bigger problem, a clogged hole in a multi-holed colander. But if you're short on cash man go to your local B&M buy you a box for $3 bucks and a humi-stick for $10, worth every cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment